We are looking for enthusiastic new colleagues to join our Infrastructure team in the role of Incident and Problem Manager. This is a career-defining opportunity within an established and successful business where colleagues are empowered to improve and learn.
- The Incident and Problem Manager is accountable for managing both the major incident process for Urgent and High business impacting incidents and the subsequent Problem Management activities to ensure structural improvement actions are taken.
- You will take charge of Major Incidents with urgency, involve appropriate technical IT teams to resolve, document Root Cause and corrective actions, identify structural Problems, and communicate effectively to both IT stakeholders and our clients.
- The Incident and Problem Manager is part of an IT Operations team comprised primarily of IT Infrastructure support engineers and reports to the IT Operations Team Leader.
- Your key challenge is to help us strengthen our IT service management capabilities and contribute to long term Incident reduction by effective identification and handling of structural IT problems.
- You will take ownership of our client’s Major IT Incidents with a sense of urgency and professionalism and drive them to resolution.
- Engage and coordinate with IT technical teams of various competencies; IT Infrastructure, Software, Security, Cloud, DevOps.
- Communicate effectively with both technical teams, IT management and our clients/business.
- Translate re-occurring issues into problems and pursue appropriate structural solutions with technical teams.
- Be part of our Incident Management team which ensures a 24/7 ‘out of local business hours’ coverage for Major Incidents for our global customers.
- Escalate critical issues timely and accurately to Team Leads and IT management.
- Leverage relevant experience to optimize our IT service management, a pragmatic implementation of ITIL principles and processes.
- Contribute to procedures and policies within the IT department.
- Perform Major Incident reviews, identify trends and contribute to service reporting.